Designed to make you want to read books!

Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Crown of Approval - February 2012

This months Crown winner might be a surprise to some people. Not only were there a lot of great books, but also our first ever guest review to consider. This months winner has a talent for storytelling. Even faced with some tough competition, this book outshone the others. This months Crown of Approval winner is The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt!
What I found so enthralling about this book is how the author was able to make a simple idea into such a captivating story. I loved this story from beginning to end, but what really got me about this book was it's universal appeal. I don't typically enjoy the Western genre of books, but this was one of my all time favorite reads and any author that can write a book that can convert me to their genre is great in my books. The characters were memorable and even the horse Tub added a lot to the story. This book was strongly recommended to me and it was a pleasant surprise. It takes a great author to take an idea and turn it into something great and Patrick DeWitt has exceeded all expectations. This is my February pick and I strongly recommend it to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment